Monday, June 12, 2017

Who did it! - The sudden murders of St Vincent bad men




In 2015, an ex-police colleague that I worked with in the intelligence division at the Royal St Vincent and the Grenadines Police Force brought something to my attention. He said: “it seems like someone have been killing the perceived bad men in St Vincent and the Grenadines.” At that time there were a
series of murders of those who are involved in the drug business and, like the average citizen, I ruled the murders as guys fighting over drugs.

After this was brought to my attention, I got word that a shipment of drugs came to St Vincent and the Grenadines on a boat that was registered in Venezuela, owned by Venezuelan and had Venezuelan crew. “School children said” (rumours) or it is alleged that the drugs were imported and owned by key members of the Unity Labour Party and the proceeds of the funds were to run the ULP election campaign.

Unfortunately for the importers of the drugs, local bandits stole the shipment. As a result; a bounty was placed on the heads of the men who stole the drugs. The local drug thief/the bandits were wanted dead. This was to be an example for anyone who in the future ever thinks of stealing any such shipment from those who were involved in this shipment. 

It is for the below reasons why I believed the allegations that the drugs belonged to key members of the ULP. For at least two months, there were Venezuelan hit men driving around in a known vehicle, with guns, looking for the men with the bounty on their heads. 

There was a case where the then leader of the opposition, the Hon Arnhim Eustace, received information that a member of his constituency was about to be killed, by the hit men, like so many others were. Mr Eustace, who would have been hearing all the allegations, knew there was nothing he could have done, because it was alleged the police had been instructed to look the other way with the killing. 

The young man whose deadly plight was brought to Mr Eustace’s attention was killed some time after the information was brought to his attention. Mr Eustace raised this issue of the planned murders that were occurring to the nation’s attention by raising it in the House of Parliament. 

Another important issue in this matter is the fact that these events unfolded in the public eye and knowledge in that: 

1. The general public knew who allegedly stole the drugs

2. The general public knew who allegedly owned the drugs

3. The general public knew the alleged vehicle the hit men were using

4. And the general public knew the nationality of the alleged hit men

The only people who appeared not to know anything about these killings were the police. Between six and eight men were gunned down in cold blood, with a few innocent casualties being taken out, because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time. All the men who were a party to the theft of the drugs were brutally murdered, there were allegations of a mock investigation and St Vincent and the Grenadines went back to life as usual. 

But before all this drama of the “Spanish-Speaking Killers” there were a series of murders that saw the so-called bad men being murdered, there were no suspects and these cases are still open with no suspects. After the drama of the Spanish Speaking Killers, the murders of the so-called bad men continued with the same trend with no suspects. I have been looking at this for some time and I would hear the names of those so-called bad men who were killed; most of whom I knew from my past life by virtue of the fact that I was from Rose Place/Bottom Town also known as “The Ghetto” and from my past career as a police officer. 

I knew that these men had one thing in common and that was they all had a criminal history. I knew there was something else that they all had in common but I just could not put my finger on that one common denominator that would make the faction complete. And then Andrew Bowens, aka the Judge, was killed; I knew there was something strangely weird with his death. Immediately after Andrew Bowens was killed, I got word that he had just been killed. There was something wrong with the timeframe with the time I was informed and the time the Judge was shot. 

And then a week or so ago, a notorious criminal, Malcolm ‘Markie’ Pollin, was gunned down. Pollin has been a suspect in several murders and is also believed to have killed many people, who he had disposed of by burying in the Vermont Mountain or by burning their remains in coal pits in the Vermont Mountain. 

And then it hit me like a ton of bricks that 90% of those criminals who had become a victim of the unknown death squad had one defining denominator in common: at one time of their criminal life, they all had Ralph E. Gonsalves as their lawyer. Knowing the type of person Ralph E. Gonsalves is, this raises a few question. 

a) Did these guys do any favours in lieu of fees for Ralph E. Gonsalves? I ask this because I can remember hearing Gonsalves speaking of his clients always promising to pay but never paying.

b) Were these killings sanctioned by Gonsalves and his ULP government as a cover up?

c) Is this the reason why the police are not too concerned about apprehending the criminals who are still on the street? 

I am not saying that Ralph E. Gonsalves was responsible in any way for the death of these men with criminal backgrounds and I am not ruling it out either. All I am doing is to lay my findings in the public domain. I will not be surprised if the police suddenly come up with a suspect in Malcolm ‘Markie’ Pollin’s murder after this article is published.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Big Four.

In the 1980s and 1990s, there were four young men who were always present at every secondary school sport meet. They even officiate at the s...